...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bitter Sweet

So I haven't had much sleep lately, and getting ready to go back to work... I'm just generally exhausted.

I didn't get a chance to go through a bunch more diaper bags last night.  Maybe I'll stroll through a couple more pages tonight.

So yes, I have another job.  It's really bitter sweet however.  It's making less than I was at my last job.  16K in fact, which is quite painful.  It's actually making less than what I STARTED my last job at 5 years ago.  The more I sit here and think about it, the more frustrated I get.  I can't believe I'm leaving my baby for that kind of money.  But I feel like I didn't have much of a choice.  I told my spousal unit about the opportunity, and he's pretty hell bent on me working.  I do need health insurance, which is a nice perk of having a job.  Apparently gay couples can get insured, but couples living together and having a child together, but not legally bound in a marriage can't get eachother insurance.  Honestly, it's bullshit! So yes, I'm starting mid month.  I think I'm just going to sit here this evening and be depressed about the fact the babysitter will have ~8 hours with my baby, and I'll only have 4 hours a day to bond with her. 

Again....   I can't believe I'm leaving her for that kind of money....

No comments:

Post a Comment