...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Monday, January 23, 2012

Working sucks!

I've neglected this blog.  The little time I do have now a days, I enjoy reading other people's blogs versus writing on my own.

Working and having enough energy to play with my daughter for the two short hours I get to see her awake every day is tough.  I honestly don't know if I can keep it up.  Here is what my days have been like the last week...
(she usually feeds around 3-4)
5am-wake up
between 5 am and 7:15
Nurse her one more time
pump
get her bottles ready
pack bag with cloth diapers and wet bag
pull her food out of the freezer
shower, blow dry my hair, make-up (these seem like give me's, but when you stay home, you don't do these things on a regular basis)
Spousal unit takes Miss A to daycare

Work by 8 am
pump ~10 am
noon- quick bite at my desk, pump, and then short nap in my car
pump ~2 pm
Leave work at 5pm
Get to daycare north of town around 5:45 pm
Get home around 6:30 pm
She gets fed at 7 pm
Bath at 8 pm
Down for the night at 8:30
at night, pull dirty diapers, clothes and bottles out of her bag
do some laundry, make some dinner, repack her bag, try to pump one more time
In bed by 11-12 pm


I'm dying doing this routine.  And the money I'm making seems really hard to justify it.  I suppose there is nothing I can do about it right now, so I have to just go with it.  I'm also trying to fit some time in for my blogging every night, training for a 5k, and maybe even some occasional housework that needs to be done.  I have 100 lbs of dog in this house.  Not cleaning like I use to, there is dog hair EVERYWHERE!!  I don't get to spend much time with Ainsley.  I use to take at least one picture of her every day.  I haven't taken one since friday night.  I'm just missing so much.  It really makes me sad.  I think I'm going to give up on cooking and trying new recipes.  Tonight for dinner was a bowl of cereal after a lunch of frozen bean burrito...  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment