...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm Baaaack

Ugh... what a roller coaster I've been on.  Training for a new job, trying to figure out a schedule for Ainsley and I, and maybe doing something occasionally to keep my sanity equals no internet time.  Which actually helps my sanity.  But anywho...

I interviewed for another job that pays 10K a year than my current one.  This may should ridiculous, but I think making more would make it a little easier to leave Ainsley every day.  At least I would feel it's more justified.  And if I don't get this position, I'm hoping to change my current job hours from 8 to 5 to 7 to 4.  It would give me some time to play with Ainsley and maybe make a decent dinner more often than I am now.  I'm typically a winter kinda gal... I like dark dreary days.  Makes me want to snuggle up and read a book.  However, I'm really looking forward to summer this year.  More daylight so I can take Miss A to the park and we can work in the yard a little bit.  I have a long list of projects I need to do with her too.  Thank you pinterest....

This evening I did get a chance to cook a little.  I won't tell you about the chicken.  It's not even worth typing about.  The mashed potatoes I tried were awesome though.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures.  I do have some of Miss Ainsley though!



Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
5-6 medium Idaho potatoes
5 cloves of garlic, peeled ( I always use WAY more garlic than any recipe calls for)

Peel and cube potatoes.  Put in saucepan with garlic.  Cover with water and bring to a boil.  Once boiling, reduce heat and cover.  Simmer for 15 minutes.  Drain, put in large mixing bowl.  Add remaining ingredients and mash.

1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely precious and the potatoes sound fabulous! So far so good with the cleanse diet but I'll keep you posted after day 7 :)

    ReplyDelete